Sunday, November 29, 2009

Advent Calender ( Friday flaunt on Monday)


Christmas is almost here! A tradition my family has, and I am sure many others do is counting down the days to Christmas using an advent calander. Probably 20 plus years ago I made a calander using glue and fabric pens and for the last three or four years I have meant to sew a new one. I am pleased to say I have just completed a beautiful new advent calander for the family to enjoy (even thought they are not really children any more!)
It took me a while to find a pattern that I was happy with I eventually found this pattern in a Patchwork and Stitching magazine.
This is my calander.....

4 comments:

cinzia said...

looks good.. and finished in time for December also!

Fran C said...

I have had a kit for 4 years to make an Advent Calendar, after seeing you lovely one will have to get it out and start for next year.

Banaghaisge said...

It is lovely! Congratulations on makign something that many of us (ie me) want to do...
Hugs,
Jamsine

Julie said...

Love the Advent Calendar, it is such a shame to use it for only a short time!!!