Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Flaunt!


What is a Friday flaunt.......well each Friday, bloggers who belong to Quilting Down Under chat group post a flaunt of their productivity. Visit Cinzia's blog to find links to all the bloggers - http://lgfns.blogspot.com/
Anyway I have finally found an easier way to download photos from camera to computer so now I can participate too.

My first Friday Flaunt is my first Jelly Roll Quilt. It was so easy to make, I love it when you are sewing points and they actually join point to point.

9 comments:

cinzia said...

very effective colour choice.. the red really adds spice to the black and white.

Anonymous said...

Helen, this is lovely. What range of fabric is it?

Julie said...

Looking good Helen. I love the use of red to add zing to black and white!

Fran C said...

A lovely newspaper quilt, black and white and red all over.

jog said...

love the use of the jelly roll - I must get and do one of these (good excuse to buy one or two).

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Thanks for all the nice comments! I think the range of fabrics was a moda selection.

ARC said...

Helen - this looks fabulous. I am just beginning to venture into jelly rolls, and I love your design - did you create it yourself or is the pattern available to purchase?

Helen said...

Hi Al, the pattern was in a book called "Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam & Nicky Lintott. The pattern was easy to follow and just worked.From Helen