Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mystery Quilt


If you search on line you are able to find many things. One of the things I enjoy is online groups, in particular patchwork groups. I am a member of four such groups and through these have met many people and challenged myself by joining in various swaps. Swaps such as initial block swaps, theme swaps, round robins and so on. At the moment I am just starting a mystery quilt through one of these groups.

A mystery quilt is just that you don't know what the quilt will look like.It is run like this First the fabric requirements are posted to the list a few weeks before the stitching day Then the cutting instructions are posted.Then on the day decided starting a 9 am the first lot of sewing instructions are posted to the net.The next lot follow a week later, then another lot the following week and so on until all the sewing instructions have been posted to the group. MQ's are fun to do and some ladies organise a few to get together at one house and sew.The only person who knows exactly what the top will look like is the'hostess'.

I have chosen my fabrics and have just begun cutting them out. I have to admit here the first two sets of sewing instructions are all ready out but I am a little behind.

Anyway online groups can be fun, why not have a look for one that would interest you?

No comments: