Monday, November 10, 2008

PATCHWORK SWAPS



I belong to some online patchwork groups and through these groups I often participate in swaps. One such swap has just finished,and I have all the blocks home. It was an initial swap, this is where you cut out 12 pieces of fabric and onto one of them sew and initial. The twelve blocks then get posted to the next member of the swap and they sew something starting with the initial, then they forward it to the next person. Eventually (well 12 months later) the pieces of fabric all arrive back at your house having all been sewn on. It is good fun, it also ensures that at least one day a month there will be something other than bills in your letter box!

Anyway I have a photo of my initial swap blocks that I received home. If you are interested in looking at any groups yahoo is a good starting point.
This swap was through SCQIS.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCQIS/

No comments: